Our goal at the Alexandria-Monroe Chamber of Commerce is to provide a well-rounded, educational program that will offer students the opportunity to learn about the Alexandria Community, grow their network of reference and contacts, as well as give them skills needed to be successful in their future careers.
Interns will gain valuable experiences and learn best practices in the areas of:
- Customer Service & Member Relations
- Event Planning & Logistics
- Marketing & Public Relations
- Office Administration
Benefits to interning with the Chamber:
- Interns will have the ability to learn business processes and workflow.
- Interns will participate in meetings and events as well as marketing/communication initiatives, which will allow them to network within the community at large, creating future opportunities for their career.
- Interns will learn from and work alongside staff in a collaborative environment to accomplish their goals and objectives.
- The Chamber will work closely with Emily Cummins the English Department Head and Senior Internship Coordinator and/or the current Alexandria Work Ethic Certificate Contact.
Job Responsibilities may include:
- Conducting Market Research of potential members in Alexandria & Madison County at large.
- Support Direct Marketing, Social Media, and various efforts within chamber programs.
- Perform administrative duties such as filing and business operational support.
- Participating in the planning and execution of Chamber events and programming.
- Attending Chamber meetings and events, proper PPE to be worn always.
- Assisting with membership retention and development initiatives.
Alexandria-Monroe Chamber of Commerce
Wednesday & Friday 12pm-6pm
765.748.2550 Ashley Cell