Food Assistance Availability Map
Welcome to the Indiana food assistance map. This site is designed to help you find available food resources near you. To use it simply:
- Enter your address in the search tool. You only need to enter your street address and ZIP code. City and state are not required.
- If the search tool is not displayed click on the search tool icon in the upper left corner of the screen. When you hover over this icon, the phrase “Food Assistance Search Tool” will appear.
- Organizations providing food assistance within a five-mile radius will automatically appear. If you would like to change the search area (you can search within a range of zero to 15 miles), drag the slider below the address entry and select a smaller or wider radius.
- To get more information about any organization, click on the organization’s name in the list. This includes the type of organization and hours of operation. If available, there is also a link to the organization’s website.
- To go back to the list of organizations, click “<” or “Food Assistance.”
There are three types of organizations shown.
- The first is a food pantry. Food pantries are locations where you can pick up groceries to prepare and use at your home.
- The second is called a “meal site.” Meal sites serve packed meals ready to take home and eat.
- The third is Indiana Department of Education school sites; these meals are only available for students and may be delivered or picked up depending on the site.
For more detailed instructions on how to use the map including screen shots, click here.
To view a mobile version click here.